Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Touching Teaching Moments

Today was the first day of my new rotation, so I said hello to kindergarten and goodbye to first grade. I was feeling sort of sad this morning but I had it together until my first grade mentor called me down to her room. She told me in the hall that one of her students had made me something and she made me promise I would not cry. Well, just saying that made me tear up. She told me that this student was really sad that I was out of their classroom and was having a rough morning. I asked her to come show me what she had made. It was the most precious little book. We went down the hall and she read it to me. It was all I could do not to cry. She had perfectly summarized my seven weeks in their classroom. She mentioned everything I had taught them. Words cannot express how much this little book means to me, I will treasure it forever. These types of touching teaching moments are why I have chose to do what I do!

Thank you little girl! You made my year!




1 comment:

  1. I love this little book :) It made me smile all over again!

    ReplyDelete