This weekend I went down to Glen Rose, TX with The Village Student Ministries for the fall retreat. We had a great time with the kids and the fellow leaders. It was really good to get away from regular life even for just two days.
FOCUS2008
Bonfire/Smore Fun - I was in charge of the marshmallows and my hands got really sticky, its a good thing middle schoolers don't really care about eating super clean food! ;-)But all good things must come to an end! Some think we're crazy for volunteering to get on a yellow school bus with middle & high schoolers, put up with teenage attitudes, "patiently" ask them over and over to go to sleep, play with them and then give them a hug even though they are sweaty and gross, build cardboard boats and get in pond water with them, listen to their problems, laugh at their silliness, dance to "Get Down" even though we've heard it a million times, eat "camp food", tell them about God's grace for us, convince them that service projects are fun, getting so sticky from marshmallows at the bonfire, helping them understand that screaming on the bus is "not a good choice", and getting deeper with kids that really need it. But for me I don't think I could think of anything more fulfilling. Sure its tiring at times, but it is so rewarding! I pray that God keeps giving me the energy and the heart to continue helping with the student ministry! Because I LOVE THOSE KIDS!!



No comments:
Post a Comment