First things first. Micah and I found out about a month ago that we are expecting a baby. We were surprised by this to say the least, but we are overjoyed that we will be parents in about seven months. We know this is a gift from God and we are humbled that He has chosen us and picked this time in our life to have a baby. So here's babies first picture:

We went for my first OB appointment this Tuesday and found out that I am about 9 weeks pregnant, there is only one baby (yay!), and that everything is looking very good.
Another thing I am thankful for is my husband. Micah has been so good to me. He is so much more caring and thoughtful than I am and I am so appreciative for every little thing that he does for me. I could not ask for anything more, I am so blessed that Micah is my husband.
My family has been sooo helpful. My grandparents have come to stay with us three times since we got married. They are such hard workers and have helped us accomplished so many things around this house of ours that would have taken Micah and I forever to get done if left on our own. My dad and stepmom have done so many things around our house too. We aren't as handy as we would like to think we are and they have been so good about helping us with house maintenance and repairs. And my mom came last weekend and practically did all of our laundry which I had put off for almost four weeks. Micah and I are so fortunate to have families that care so much about us and want to be so involved in our life.
I am also thankful for the wonderful memories that I had with my dog Lucy. We lost Lucy in September to congestive heart failure. It was pretty sudden and very hard for me. Lucy was such a good dog and had been such a good companion to me especially during my college years. I will miss her so much.
Well if you know me well at all you know I couldn't live very long without a little dog. So, a little while after we lost Lucy I got a puppy. She is the same kind of dog as Lucy was. An apricot toy poodle and her name is Millie. She is pretty crazy and definitely a puppy. We got her before we found out we were pregnant.... I mean really? A puppy and a baby?? Somehow we will survive :)
I am also very thankful for our jobs. Teaching has been quite the experience for me. It is much more tiring than I had anticipated, but that probably has something to do with being pregnant too. I really love teaching; my school is such a good environment. We all get along so well and I have made some really good friends. Micah job is also going well. We were worried with this crazy economy that things wouldn't good at all in his line of work. But with every bump in the road God has proven faithful and good things seem to keep coming.
So, with this day of Thanksgiving on my mind, I wanted to share a few things that have happened lately that I am very thankful for.


Wow! Congratulations on the newest little Wimberley! What a beautiful life you have!
ReplyDelete