Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm 'sew' crazy....


Ok, so I got my wedding dress on Monday from the Lewisville Bridal Boutique.  I know it's a little crazy, but I really love the dress!!!  It will also give me motivation to continue losing the lbs as it is a little small :)  Anyways... GOT THE DRESS!!!

This morning on the Today Show they were doing the annual wedding they have on the show where they let America pick out all the details.  Well today's topic was bridesmaid dresses.  The choices for designers were: Jenny Yoo, Simple Silhouettes, and Two Birds Bridesmaid.  The dresses were all really pretty so I looked them all up.  Great dresses, however too expensive!!  My favorite designer was Two Birds Bridesmaid.  



They only sell one dress.  You can wear it at least ten different ways!!  Way cool!!  I was dissappointed at the price though, the dress is a cotton jersey/poly blend and I thought it would have been way less than $270!  So I started researching this dress idea and found that this "infinity dress" has been around for decades and I even found a pattern explaining how to make the dress here.  

  

So when Micah came over when he got off of work I showed him and he thought it was cool and he said I should try to make one.  So off we went to Wal-Mart to the $1 fabric rack where I found dark grey jersey cotton, so I bought 7 yards (I always buy way too much!)  So anyways I started making it and here's what I ended up with.

**Pictures to come soon**

I am going to show the dress to my girls and see what they think...  I just might have found the least expensive bridesmaid dresses ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment